These nuts are a great way to accompany a glass of mulled wine at a Christmas gathering. The added benefit of cooking them over a fire or on the top of a wood burning stove is that the smell is irresistible. Your guests will be helping themselves straight from the pan and then playing juggle the hot nut as they realise, not for the first time, that melted sugar is painful.
Ingredients: ¼ cup of sugar, 1 tsp salt, ¼ tsp allspice, ½ tsp cumin, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 small egg white, 2 and ½ cups of mixed nuts.
- Mix all the spices together with the sugar and then mix with the nuts.
- Beat the egg white until frothy
- Combine the nut mix with the egg white
- Cook patiently in a non-stick pan for about twenty minutes until they are a deep golden brown
- Allow to cool a little before eating! They are great cold but amazing while still warm.
We send you all our best wishes from Plain Huts for Christmas and look forward to seeing you again in 2020!